SYSTEM SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS TMS
All the systems run on the Goldfields Logistics network which is connected to the Imperial National
WAN, meaning that all information is real time.
SAP Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Using a SAP-based WMS, Goldfields Logistics manages DC’s and Dispatch bays for customers such as Afrox, Sappi Fine Paper, Sonae Novobord and Sasol Polymers. Goldfields Logistics’ personnel manage the warehouse, planning and dispatch on behalf of our customers on the SAP system.
All our warehouses use SAP as the Warehouse Management System and we have built up excellent skills and capabilities as users on this system.
In addition to the IT system above, Goldfields Logistics also uses the following IT Systems as part of our operations:
Electronic Vehicle Scheduling & Load Confirmation System
• Live Electronic Vehicle scheduling software with electronic load confirmations
• All invoicing is done from electronic Data
• Live Outstanding POD report
• Live Indorsed POD report
• Up to date live customer and operational reports.
Satellite Vehicle Tracking System
• Live Vehicle Tracking of own fleet
• Nationwide radio communication
• Remote Immobilizing of own vehicles
• 24/Hr Live electronic Route Mapping & Monitoring
• Immediate access to Tracking Reports
• Vehicle location and movement monitored and controlled on site
Electronic Document Filing System
• All POD’s are scanned and stored in PDF format.
• Customers and subcontractors have web access to POD’s that are allocated to them.